CPBC Delegation visits Sialkot Chamber of Commerce & Industry, SIALKOT
- Representatives of Canada Pakistan Business Council visited Sialkot Chamber of Commerce & Industry to discuss the potential of bi-lateral trade and unexploited opportunities available in the Canadian market for Pakistan business community in order to boost up business ties between the two countries.
- Mr. Fazal Jilani, President Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry welcomed Mr. Samir Dossal, President Canada Pakistan Business Council and his team on their visit to this Chamber.
Mr. Jilani extended his gratitude and expressed that SCCI has always welcomed initiatives for extending healthy and favorable business links with Canada and looks forward to gain positive outcomes from this meeting.
- Mr. Samir Dossal, President Canada Pakistan Business Council, thanked Mr. Fazal Jilani, President SCCI for his gratitude and hospitality. He said that the goal of Canada Pakistan Business Council is to take trade between Pakistan and Canada to next level.
Addressing his concerns, he added that bi-lateral trade currently sits at just $650 million dollars, which is far below the potential. He ensured that, the Ontario government has recognized the vacuum and has responded favorably to expand commercial links with Pakistan, this visit is scheduled in this regard. He said that their simple mandate is to promote business relations between the two countries and for achieving our objectives; an MOU draft has been finalized with PBIT to explore what we can facilitate for nurturing trade relations in larger extent. He further added that they have extended invitation to CM Punjab to attend CPBC 32nd Annual Gala and that they also look forward to have significant representation from Sialkot industry.
- Mr. Fazal Jilani welcomed the invitation and said that if CM Punjab calls for our participation, we would be privileged.
He further added that SCCI is already planning a trade delegation to Canada that would cover the sectors of Sorts good, Surgical, Leather and Textile, a new platform for facilitating connections with buyers would be highly appreciated. Mr. Jilani also expressed concerns regarding issues of high duties and stuck payments.
- Answering to the grievances of SCCI President, Mr. Dossal told the members that CPBC does not have authority for direct facilitation in this regard, but it can for sure guide the businessmen for the necessary legal action. He also stressed upon the need to enhance business matchmaking on both sides for the start of a new era of bi-lateral trade between the two countries. He further added that as Pakistanis, we feel it is high time for us to pay back to this nation and we are utilizing all our positive energies to open up opportunities on both sides.
- Mr. Fazal Jilani thanked Mr. Dossal for his visit and appreciated the earnest efforts of Canada Pakistan Business Council for promoting trade between the two countries.
The Meeting ended with a Vote of Thanks
Report Prepared by Umair Nisar, R&D Officer, SCCI